Jay and I drove to Cordele to stare at Amy's belly and force the baby to come out before Christmas!! We sat there and all the staring scared the poor guy because he didn't budge at all. We drove down to Lake Wales, FL to be with the Weavers in their brand new home they just completed on the lake replacing their old home that was ruined by the hurricanes. Christmas was great, we have a few nieces and nephews on that side just getting into Santa so it was fun to watch them get excited. We enjoyed the 80 degree Christmas weather by taking our new puppy, Tate, out to the water, going on a boat ride and playing golf!
We got back to Cordele in time to head to the hospital the next morning where Amy had been induced and having slight contractions. Jacob stayed put for about 20 hours and finally made his way out to meet us at 3 a.m. on December 28th. We, of course had a gambling session going on within the family on when he would arrive and it was down to the wire between Jay and Dad....Jay lost at midnight on the 27th, Dad ran off with the start of Jacob's college fund!!
I was in there with Amy, Gina, and Mom when she delivered. I did my part, screaming in Amy's face, counting to 10 and telling her to push....then I turned yellow, hit the floor and almost fainted. I had an entire nurse to myself, as if I had been doing all the pushing....the video close-up of my face shows that I actually was pushing!! I walked out to see Jay in the hallway and immediately said "No children for us". Then I walked back in the room where I got to hold this precious baby, witnessing a miracle.
I walked back out, not even 5 minutes later, said to Jay "let's have a baby"!
Calm down Mom, we aren't having a baby!! but I am very encouraged by Amy and her strength, bravery and positive attitude. She is doing this mommy thing perfectly and it is refreshing to see someone love a baby so much, love motherhood so much and be so natural at it. He is the best ending to a very eventful year for all of us! Holidays are great, family is great and we are so blessed. Hope yours were the same!
Cara and Jay Weaver
Attached is a picture of Jay holding Jacob! cute combo. There are tons more pictures of Jacob, our puppy and our life linked to our blogger over on the left of the page.
No comments:
Post a Comment